Tablets dosage form different types of tablets dosage form manufactured
Tablet is an oral dosage form in pharmaceutical dosage forms, it is one of widely acceptable and of very great importance.
One can formulate a tablet with drug amount in the range of 0.01 mg to 500 to 600 mg for human dosage and up to 1 gm to 5 gm for veterinary dose.
Tablets dosage form is classified as below with respect to
1) application of the drug 2) Process of the Manufacturing 3) Special features of tablets (Sustained release, delayed release drugs, Osmotic controlled release tablets.)
1) Oral 2) Sublingual buccal 3) Urethral, 4) vaginal 5) Rectal
2) Effervescent tablets for delivery of sodium bicarbonate for gastric acid neutralization as antacid.
3) Laboratory reagent tablets for PH solutions etc.
2) Process of manufacturing
1. Uncoated tablet.
a) Effervescent tablet. Example Sodium bicarbonate tablets, Salicylic acid or Asprin tablets
b) Tablet Triturate (Lactose based)
c) Sustained release tablet (Diltiazem)
d) Controlled release tablets Theophylline, Etiophylline
2. Coated Tablets.
Film coated tablets.
A) Enteric coated tablet. Diclophenac Sodium Tablet.
B) Tablet designed to deliver drug in lower intestine.
C) Osmotic controlled release oral delivery system, Laser drilled tablets Nifedipine,
D) Sustained release tablet
E) Controlled release tablets
3. Sugar coated tablets.
1) Convectional Sugar coating, Multivitamin tablets.
2) Rapid sugar coating, by incorporating polyethylene glycol 2000 in sugar for fast sugar coating.
Tablets classes based on manufacturing process.
1) Wet granulation
2) Dry Granulation ( Aspirin )
3) Directly compressible Tablets. Dicalcium Phosphate Tablet
4) Tablet in Tablet cyclophosphamide and capecitabine
3) Tablets dosage form classes based on use and route of administration.
1) Sublingual tablet. Buccal tablet Isosorbide dinitrate
2) Chewable Tablet Antacid tablets.
3) Bolus tablet
4) Viginal Tablets
5) Rectal Tablet Suppository
1) PH buffer tablets of PH 3, PH 4 , PH 7
2) Buffer tablets
Classification of tablets based on clinical use.
1) Drug tablet
2) Placebo tablet
2 thoughts on “Tablets dosage form different types of tablets”
[…] during manufacturing due to wear and tear of machines. Answer: Source for Metal particles in a tablet dosage form may be one of following. Raw material, Defective equipment, like broken sieve mesh, compression […]
[…] strips can be taken and defoiled/ deblistered, and good tablets if any can be removed and rejected tablets can be […]